TERMS & CONDITIONS
Disclaimer“Lonely Shadows” is a collection of digital artworks, which are Non-Fungible Tokens (“NFTs”), running on the Ethereum network, created by a decentralized team of artists, developers, and NFT collectors. 1000004178 Ontario Inc. (the “Company”) owns all intellectual property rights in and to “Lonely Shadows” (including copyright), as well as names, logos, trademarks, fonts, and all the generative traits. The Company reserves the exclusive rights to use official Lonely Shadows logos, texts, and other content associated with this project, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereinafter devised, in perpetuity.
This website is only an interface allowing participants to buy and/or exchange digital collectibles. Users are entirely responsible for the safety and management of their own private Ethereum wallets and validating all transactions and contracts generated by this website before approval. Furthermore, as the Lonely Shadows smart contract runs on the Ethereum network, there is no ability to undo, reverse, or restore any transactions. This website and its connected services are provided “as is” and “as available” without a warranty of any kind. By using this website you are accepting sole responsibility for any and all transactions involving Lonely Shadows digital collectibles.
- You Own the NFT The initial product launch of Lonely Shadows is 1000 individual ERC-721 tokens (“Lonely Shadows” or “NFT”) with generative traits that correspond to pieces of art hosted on the InterPlanetary File System (“IPFS”). By connecting your ethereum wallet and minting Lonely Shadows using our smart contract, you gain full and complete ownership of your NFT. At no point may we seize, freeze, or otherwise modify the ownership of any Lonely Shadows.
- Personal Use Subject to your continued compliance with these Terms, we grant you a worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, and display the purchased NFT, along with any extensions that you choose to create or use, solely for the following purposes:
- for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- as part of a marketplace that permits the purchase and sale of your Lonely Shadows / NFT. The marketplace must verify each Lonely Shadows owner’s rights using the Ethereum blockchain to confirm authenticity. Once confirmed, the marketplace may display the Art for each Lonely Shadow. This ensures that only the actual owner can display the Art; or
- as part of a third-party website or application that permits the inclusion, involvement, or participation of your Lonely Shadows, provided that the website/application verifies each Lonely Shadows owner’s rights using the Ethereum blockchain to confirm authenticity. If verified, the third-party website can display the Art for the Lonely Shadows. This ensures that only the actual owner can display the Art. The third-party site must make sure that Lonely Shadows are no longer visible once the owner of the Lonely Shadow leaves the website/application.
- Commercial Use Subject to your continued compliance with these Terms, we grant you an unlimited, worldwide license to use, copy, and display the purchased Art for the purpose of creating derivative works based upon the Art (“Commercial Use”). Examples of such Commercial Use would be using the Art to produce and sell merchandise products (i.e. T-Shirts etc.) displaying images of the Lonely Shadows NFT. For the sake of clarity, nothing in this Section will be deemed to restrict you from:
- owning or operating an NFT marketplace that permits the use and sale of the Lonely Shadows NFT generally, provided that the marketplace verifies each Lonely Shadows owner’s rights, using the Ethereum blockchain to confirm authenticity. This ensures that only the actual owner can display the Lonely Shadow NFT;
- owning or operating a third-party website or application that permits the inclusion, involvement, or participation of the Lonely Shadow NFT generally, provided that the third-party website or application verifies each Lonely Shadow owner’s rights using the Ethereum blockchain to confirm authenticity. This will allow the third-party site to display the Lonely Shadows NFTand ensure that only the actual owner can display the Art. Additionally, the third-party site must make sure that the Art is no longer visible once the owner of the purchased Lonely Shadow leaves the website/application; or
- earning revenue from any of the foregoing.
- Limitations of Liability You agree to hold us, our affiliated and related companies, and each of their respective directors, shareholders, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, licensees and assigns, harmless from any losses, damages, claims, costs and expenses you may incur as a consequence of minting (or attempting to mint) your NFT.
- No Guarantees or Future Promises You agree that your purchase of a Lonely Shadow NFT from our initial project is all you are guaranteed to receive with your initial purchase. Any future potential airdrops, community gatherings, or other benefits are ancillary to this purchase and not to be taken into consideration with your initial purchase. You agree that you are not relying on any future commitments by the Company in using this site and participating in our NFT launch.
- NFTs are not intended as investments We make absolutely no promise or guarantee that these NFTs will be worth anything. You understand that they have no inherent monetary value.
- Taxes You are entirely responsible for any tax liability which may arise from minting or reselling your Lonely Shadows NFT.
- Class Action Waiver You agree to waive any class action status, and any legal dispute around the Lonely Shadows project which you may choose to bring can only be done on an individual basis.
- Age Implications The Lonely Shadows project is not targeted towards children. You agree that you are over the age of 18, or above the legal age of your jurisdiction, whichever is greater.